For the purposes of this policy, ‘homeshelf connect’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refers to homeshelf connect Group Pty Ltd (ABN 39 602 872 800), our employees and authorised representatives.
What information do we collect and how
We collect personal information in order to provide you with our services and products. Your information will be obtained and maintained in accordance with relevant legislation, including any legal obligations of our suppliers.
We may request your information via our website, during phone conversations, or from relevant written, electronic or faxed correspondence. Personal information may include:
- full name
- date of birth
- residential and postal address
- email address
- contact numbers
- proof of identification (i.e. driver’s license)
- concession information (if applicable)
- business entity and ABN number (if applicable)
In the event you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we will assist you with your enquiry as best we can, providing you with general options available to you.
Once we have found you an offer acceptable to you, a recording of your verbal agreement will be obtained. homeshelf connect records all telephone calls for quality and compliance purposes. In the event you do not wish this to occur, just let us know.
How we use or disclose your personal information
We may disclose or use the personal information we collect to:
- Contact you by telephone when submitted by you through our website
- Manage our relationship with you, our customer
- Comply with all applicable laws
- Perform other related functions and activities (these may change from time to time)
- Use within homeshelf connect for the delivery, maintenance and improvement of our products and services
- Organisations authorised by us and/or partnered with homeshelf connect to provide services, conduct professional, promotional, research or marketing activities
- You can withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1800 497 188
If you request for your utility/service to be connected or transferred to a supplier we recommend, your relevant personal information we collect is also securely passed to that supplier.
Your information will only be disclosed to a preferred supplier in the event that:
- You agree to homeshelf connect arranging to switch or connect your utilities; or
- You agree to discuss other services with one of homeshelf connect’s preferred suppliers
This information is disclosed solely for the purpose of completing your request. In some circumstances, you may be contacted directly by the preferred organisation for the purpose of confirming information about your request.
Electronic communications, Security and Data Protection
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. While we take all reasonable care to protect your personal information once it is received (and in compliance with Australian privacy laws), we cannot guarantee that information sent and received over the internet is 100% secure. Sending and receiving information over the homeshelf connect website is therefore at each user’s own risk.
From time to time, we may send you marketing materials and notifications via electronic communication such as email or text message. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to do this, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling us at 1800 932 013.
homeshelf connect takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at the time of use. We have safeguards in place to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access. You should contact us if you think your personal information is incorrect or if you want to remove, update or access your personal information.
Like a number of commercial web site operators, homeshelf connect uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse internet usage across our web sites. To improve delivery of our online services, we may also collect (via ‘cookies’) statistical information about the usage of our site. You can disable ‘cookies’ in your browser settings.
Last updated January 2020.